1. I am NOT a name brand kinda girl! If I have name brand clothes on, they were probably yours that you took to Goodwill! I love Goodwill!
2. I do my laundry totally "wrong". Of course my mom taught me to wash with like colors and when to use warm or cold water. I do my loads according to importance of being folded. I wash all the undies, socks and pjs together and wash them if I have to leave the house b/c it's ok for them to wrinkle. Our nice clothes I do when I can get them out of the dryer immediately to avoid having to iron...one of my least favorite things to do! I also wash everything in cold. Heard the other day that I'm saving $.25/load by doing this! :)
3. I am a clean freak. I love organizing!!! Have to bring order to the chaos! Derrick gets on to me all the time because I clean up after the kids all the time instead of making them do it. I just know how I like it done and that I can get it done that way. So the other day I taught them all how to do their individual jobs (the way I like it). A few weeks in and they are still loving cleaning day...go figure!
4. Another one of my least favorite things to do is COOKING!!!! I so need help in this area! I literally dread every day deciding what's for dinner and with 5 kids none of them like the same things. Then if I try something new that takes me forever, it never tastes worth the time and effort I put into it. I would so love a lifetime meal-plan...one that preferably shows up at my door at about 5 p.m. everyday!
5. I handle all the money in our household. I budget and pay all the bills. I'm one of those that pays right away...don't like any late payments! I knew once I had kids that I wanted to be a stay at home mom, so I have always prioritized what we need and don't need. For instance, I do my own mani & pedicures; we don't have all the latest technical stuff; we have never had a car payment b/c we have never bought a brand new car; I shop at Walmart, Target and Goodwill; I try to highight my own hair, but as you've seen lately it's not going so well. These are just a few of my budget savers. I have tried coupons, but I usually forget them or if I remember to take them, I forget I have them. Gotta work on that!
6. I love the beach! Always have and I'm assuming I always will. (Even though my tanning days are catching up with me through a few wrinkles.)
7. I have written a book on my journey though infertility and will save up to self-publish it. Just want to give to those going through the same, not to sell.
8. Derrick and I began dating 20 years ago. Wow! And I still love him...even more! :)
9. I will be 40 next year. Oh my gosh! I can't believe those words just came out of my mouth!
10. I'm trying to get back to the weight I was before i had all my babies...15 lbs to go!
11. I love strawberry flavored twizzlers!
12. My parents and my in-laws are four of my very best friends.
13. I enjoy aerobics, rollerblading and swimming.
14. I have never mown the lawn...don't even know how. (Pitiful I know!)
15. I love rings. Used to wear one on every finger in high school.
16. I am a reality t.v. show and a facebook junky. However I do not play all the games on FB...just the connect part.
17. I am shy even though I force myself to overcome.
18. We get a couple of $5 hot & ready pizzas from Little Ceasars on Friday nights.
19. I do not like to read. Never have. Shh! Don't tell my kids!
20. I am completely bored now! :)
Well, just a few fun facts. I'd love to know some about you too!